Thursday 19 May 2011

So this is a blog......

I have never really thought about writing anything like a blog before, as I didn't think anybody would be that interested in reading what I had to say, however a twitter comment from GinslingerLeeds asking if I could write a blog about our Glastonbury trip got me thinking, maybe my experience of glastonbury might help new people prepare, or maybe convince a family who thought it was just for drunk/drugged early 20's to give it a try!
This year I will be going to glasto with my partner Linz, Lulu and Darren, and Paul, his teenage daughter Kirsty and her friend Grace.
The plan is write about the preparation for the trip, including the flag, and the all important vodka making, and I am planning to take my video camera (that sounds really retro, it doesn't actually make videos, but memory card saving recording camera doesn't have the same ring to it).
I plan to sample every bit of the giant site, and experience it all. Last year it was so hot you couldn't move around comfortably, and there was a large group of us, so Linz and myself didn't get to see all the sights we would have hoped. This year, although the group is 7 strong, Linz and I will spend most of the time 'bimbling' (glasto speak for wondering round the site).
I am hoping to capture the feeling of glasto via recording the random sites from the Kidz field to the Greenpeace fields and all in-between, not forgetting the music!
We are going camping this weekend, to try out the glasto tent, and get used to sleeping under canvas again, and also going to try out my camera skills - which currently are untested!
Well, that was my first ever blog completed, if you managed to stay awake, I will blog again after our camping trip.

No comments: